3.30.2016

Easter Weekend

Let me first apologize for my lack of cute, pastel plastered Easter pictures. The hubs and I are pretty terrible about remembering to take pictures. We're working on that...

Although we don't have the photo proof, our Easter weekend was pretty dang great. Good food, good people, good times.

We took a trip up to Pocatello to visit Kendal's sweet parents and arrived around 7 p.m. on Saturday to smiling faces and a delicious Easter feast. Since Lucy had plans to fly to Arizona to care for her mom early Sunday morning, we celebrated the festivities one night early so she could join us.

The food was SO good. I seriously STUFFED my face. I felt kind of bad about not being more involved in the dinner conversation... I was just over there scarfing down everything laid before me haha... chicken and shrimp fresh from the grill, a new recipe of jerk ribs Lucy wanted to try out, an assortment of yummy veggies, GF pasta tossed with even more yummy veggies, and spinach/ feta cheese naan (she's been hooked on naan ever since Kendal and I went with them to an Indian restaurant here in Logan). Gosh, I wish you all could enjoy a bite of every dish right now. I guess when you marry into the King family you get to eat like a king too!

Once my focus wasn't completely consumed by the food (pun intended) I realized Lucy had decorated pretty much every corner of the house! The whole place was SO cute. I don't know where she's collected all those fun decorations from but I want tips! There were twinkly lights with colorful flowers and ornaments hung in the spaces between the bulbs, festive table cloths and pretty tulips, and beaded strands of ribbon hung over all the doors. It got me feeling so excited for when I get to be a mom with a real house that I get to light up with all kinds of cheery decor!

We spent Saturday night relaxing and sharing stories. OH and of course munching on carrot cake with vanilla ice cream once our tummies had a little more space :)  It's always fun to hear about the family history and the silly jokes Corey manages to slide into every conversation. Haha all I know is that I couldn't have picked a better family to marry into. I got so lucky!

Lucy had an early flight to catch so I barely missed her and Corey leaving as I pulled my groggy morning self out of bed. I didn't even notice that Kendal had left our room to say goodbye so when I woke up to footsteps and voices upstairs I got myself up there as quick as I could! When I got to the top Kendal called me over to the couch to at least wave goodbye as they pulled out of the driveway.

We had a little Easter scavenger hunt prepared for us so once I woke up a bit more we decided to get started on that. Lucy had pointed out the starting point the night before so we walked over and opened up the first egg to find our clue. This little activity was definitely a highlight for me. It's been years since I've participated in an Easter Egg Hunt... especially one without older brothers terrorizing me and swiping all my findings from my bare hands! Haha sooo many teary-eyed baby Claire Easter videos. But this year I got to be on a team with my husband and we had a blast working together to find the next egg. Some of the eggs were actually quite a challenge to find so that added even more excitement to our hunt! Also Kendal let me dub myself "Keeper of the Eggs", giving me each clue to store in my hoodie's front pocket. I felt like an aussie kanga with a pouch! One of the funniest moments was when we were looking for an Easter basket in the garage. Kendal found a basket on top of the refrigerator and checked inside for the next egg. But all he could find was a grocery bag filled with corn nuts! Hahah we thought maybe that was our prize, which would have compared to Kendal's idea of giving someone a chicken pot pie for Christmas! But when we double checked to make sure they weren't just pulling our legs we found an clear egg that blended in perfectly with the basket. I'm not sure why that tickled our funny bones so much, but it did! We continued on the hunt and eventually found the very last hiding place. Our prize was hidden away in a colorful jar and to our delight we opened it up to find TWO gift cards! Olive Garden and Coldstone :) Some of our very favorite places! It's always exciting getting gift cards because they give us a reason to have a night out... especially because I can be so stingy with our money. It was so nice of them to plan that little scavenger hunt for us. A very pleasant surprise indeed!

I wasn't feeling too well after we finished so I went back downstairs to rest a little more while Kendal took a bath. Unfortunately that didn't help much because I spent the rest of the day feeling a little under the weather. But we met Corey at church and enjoyed the Easter messages together. My favorite part hands-down was the primary performance. They sang two songs and did such a nice job! Children's voices are the absolute sweetest. They brought such a strong spirit right into the meeting in a matter of minutes. The church choir also sang some songs, which Corey is a part of, so we got to enjoy those numbers as well. It was great! We sat in on his Sunday School lesson afterwards and felt like rock stars being introduced as his son and daughter-in-law :)

Post church consisted of more good food- complete with risotto, bringing me right back to my beloved Italian days- and solid Sunday naps.

We may have only been there for 24 hours but that time was filled with many happy memories. Huge thanks to the Kings for making sure our first Easter together was egg-stra special! ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment