6.07.2016

As Of Lately

Hi readers!

Guess who's back - back again. I am back! Tell a friend.

Seriously... WHY is documenting life SO HARD?! I struggle to journal, blog, and even take pictures these days! This newly-wedded bliss has brought me some of the best times of my life and for some reason I can't get myself to record it all for the future. BOO! So here's a June 7th resolution... I'm hoping that you'll see a lot more of us as we live out our lives together. As adventurous or boring as they may be. I know our families have been wondering what we've been up to because when we were dating we were pretty good about sharing the milestones we were passing. So mom (my most devoted fangirl), I hope to be able to get you more pictures of us ;)

I guess my biggest problem with successfully documenting our fun times is that I haven't quite figured out the balance of when and when not to share via social media. Kendal and I were talking about it in our first month of marriage and we decided it makes some moments more special to keep them to ourselves. DUH. But why did that make us suddenly suck at pulling out our camera when we were doing something eventful?? I just do not know. So Kendal, imma make you smile for the camera and you better freaking like it! JK when we were dating he suggested when to take pictures more than half of the time. Like I say to him almost everyday, he really is a good egg.

Aaaand that little intro brings us to now. I present to you - yet another list - of the happenings in our lives. As Of Lately:


  • We bought a house! Okay... not totally. As some of you may know, my amazing parents have decided to serve a mission (I'll get to that in a second) and as they were talking to us about our plans for the next two years, it appeared as though Kendal and I would be residents of Logan for 2+ years, at least. We are both still in school (I'll graduate next spring and he will be done in a matter of 2-3 more years), so it seemed like a good idea to get into a place that we could stay in until our time in Logan is up. Owning multiple properties is a good tax write off and so it seemed like the perfect idea for my parents to buy a property in Logan that we could take care of while they are away. And thus, this cutie townhouse is OURS. Hooray! Ah I can hardly describe how much I love it here. The layout is perfect, everything is so new and clean, and the neighborhood is a delight! We are in the midst of so many fun things! To name a few - the fairgrounds, the quaintest little park with a pond, by favorite local bakery, a pretty greenhouse, the aquatic center, our gym - it's just perfect. Plus we love finally having space for guests :) It is so much fun inviting people over and being able to hang out and play real live house when we host dinner parties! Also... I am loving decorating this place. We have already invested in some sweet deals (like our cute comfy couches) and placing pictures and endearing prints all over the place! It's really starting to feel cozy in almost every room. I'll have to get some pictures up on the blog of my favorite parts of our home soon so you all can swoon with me! We are just so blessed. I love knowing this place will likely be home to our first baby. It's so full of happy memories already! I already know it's going to be hard to say goodbye to it when we move out of this little town. 
  • As I mentioned before.... my parents are going on a mission! They were called to serve in the New Delhi, India Public Affairs Office. Their mission will include India, Nepal, Pakistan, and Bangladesh! HOW COOL IS THAT? The coolest. I know. We are already tentatively planning to go visit them this upcoming winter break! YAY! So many dreams come true. I am so excited for them. It is fun to see my parents so thrilled about it. And no.... they aren't the slightest bit worried or nervous. They actually requested this exact mission! Some may say they are a little crazy, but I think they are so rad for wanting to go to India. They can't wait for this adventure together. Can you say GOALS? For real peeps... they are the ultimate example of what a dream team looks like! They just had their mission farewell over Memorial Day weekend and were supposed to enter the MTC June 13th and leave June 20. However, due to some recent delays in their Visa's, those dates have been pushed back nearly one month. Which is good and bad. Good because they get to hang around longer but bad because that means I'll have to wait even longer for them to come back home! Selfish. I know. But saying goodbye to them is going to be so hard and I will miss them more than they know. I believe we will all see blessings from their service though. What they are doing is a really special thing. I love them!!
  • One tender mercy after another... I landed a dope job! It's kind of a funny story. I started this summer with two completely random jobs (working at a loan place and knocking door selling insurance) lol. Do either of those sound remotely up my alley? HAHA naaawt. But as the last semester was ending I did my best to get ahead of the game and apply for a bunch of summer jobs before they all got taken! So I ended up with a zillion interviews, several job offers, and I took the two that offered the best money/ complimented each other's schedules. Welllll... money really isn't the most important thing in this world. Happiness truly is. And let me tell ya - I was not happy working at those jobs (not necessarily the insurance gig besides it being awfully mundane. but certainly that loan job). Holy cow, I would come home after work feeling exhausted and stressed and dirty. After coming home on one particularly stressful night in tears my husband convinced me it was absolutely not worth it to stay there. So I made up my mind to quit! And I felt a weight lifted off my shoulders the moment I did. That same night I started looking on Career Aggie and surprising found some pretty cool looking jobs. The next morning I went around handing out resumes, officially quit the loan job, and got a call back for an interview the coming Monday at a place called The Logo Shop. The position was looking for a graphic designer, so naturally I was thrilled because that's what I'm interested in for a career! So I went to the interview and waited barely 24 hours before I got another call that said I had got the job! I was so happy that day. It was all perfect timing. And the best part is that the pay matches what I was getting at the loan place, it's a full time position, and the hours match Kendal's almost perfectly! So we get to wake up together in the morning and he gets home just 30 minutes after me. It couldn't be a bigger blessing. Plus the experience I am getting is great and I enjoy what I do all day! Even though I sometimes get tired of looking at a computer screen, the time goes by quite quickly! I feel so lucky. And grown up. And legit because my job is super cool and I love telling people where I work! :)
  • This last weekend brought Kendal and I the greatest adventure of our summer so far. Though it was a quick trip, it was well spent. Kendal's sweet Grandma Bluth passed away just about two weeks ago and so a funeral down in Mexico was in order. Kendal hasn't been to visit Mexico for 9 years and he's been looking forward to the family reunion that is happening down there in July. He was really close to his grandma as a kid so he wanted to be at her funeral even though it would mean taking several days off work and driving a looooong way for just two days. We were both able to get work off, which was a great, especially for me with this new job. I couldn't even give the right amount of hours it took to get down there, but I wanna say it was about 17 or 18. Ick! Honestly though, the drive wasn't as bad as I had expected it to be. We were entertained by some audio books Kendal and I picked up at the library, movies on my laptop, books - I've started reading the Harry Potter series again (I almost read the entire 2nd book this trip!), sleeping, and lots of snacking! The ride down felt shorter than the ride back. I'm sure it was because on the way down I was a little more ignorant at how long the drive really was haha. It was all worth it when we got there though! The two days we were there were filled with the most delicious food (my favorites were the mango palette's - mexican popsicles - and the carne asada quesadilla with a manzana lift on the side - aka heaven sent apple soda. the fact that it was served in an ice cold glass bottle was just the cherry on top! mmm it was all so good!), riding through the dusty roads on four wheelers and motos (that's what everyone in mexico calls em), riding a horse (it's been sooo long since I've been on the back of a horse!), and swimming/ soaking up the hot sun/ and gobbling up as much fresh guacamole and corn tortilla chips as I could pool side! It was all so splendid. I also loved getting to meet tons of Kendal's relatives that weren't able to make it the our wedding and learning more about his astounding grandma at her funeral. I just feel so lucky and blessed to be apart of this amazing family and legacy! Seriously, I hit the jackpot with these people. I can't wait to go back down for a whole week in July for the reunion! 
That wraps up the biggest parts of our lives from the past several months. If you're still reading, get ready for some better and more frequent posting from me here ;) It's my goal to get better at writing down these special memories (oh and to hit the gym more often of course). Haha wish me luck as I try to accomplish these personal tasks while still maintaining the other important aspects of my life!

XOXO The Kings


1 comment:

  1. Pictures! Pictures pictures pictures pictures pictures! I love to read it, and I wanna see more pictures of your cute house! No pressure ��

    ReplyDelete