7.24.2016

Our Month of FUN

This last month has been full of fun and adventures! We have been busy, busy, busy and though I find myself exhausted as I try to keep up a good pace at work and maintain a clean and happy home, I am so glad we finally got in some solid summer vacations! Hooray for letting this white skin of mine soak up a little bit of sun!

I'm still not quite certain how I'd like to break up these posts, but  I will try to be as chronologically correct as possible.

These seemingly nonstop adventures began exactly one whole month ago! As I just looked at my calendar to figure out where to begin, I realized that June 24th is when all these fun little activities started taking place.

So, on June 24th, we hosted a little pop up shop at our new home for my cute friend Val who recently started her own clothing line. I had a blast planning and preparing to host our first big get together. We got to use some of the fun serving items we got for our wedding AND this little party gave me the best excuse to get our home ready for people visiting (because at that point we had only lived here for about a month and there were still boxes on boxes in some of the rooms upstairs!). Anyway, the turnout we got was a lot of fun and I got some super cute clothes for a great price! (THANKS VAL PAL). People, if you get anything from this post, please go check her stuff out on PenelopeOlive.com. It is all incredibly cute, comfy and affordable. I call that a win, win, win. ALSO, my mom made the trip all the way up here for just a couple hours to hang with me and that alone made the entire night a success. 

That very next day, Kendal and I took a pleasant little trip up to Bear Lake for some maxing and relaxing (long live Fresh Prince for those of you who got that reference). The greatest part was that even though he doesn't normally get Saturday's off, one of his coworkers offered to switch him so that he could have Saturday to spend some time with me! How nice is that?! I was so excited about getting some quality time in with my man on a day I hadn't expected to! When we found out we would have a day off together, we immediately texted our friends Jentz and Audrey (Kendal's old roomie and brand new wifey) and invited them up to Bear Lake with us! It was perfect. They were coming up from Ogden area, so we didn't drive with them and we got there a little over an hour before they arrived. I was determined to get a hand-dipped corn dog and raspberry shake on our little excursion so we stopped for some lunch while it was just the two of us. At first it seemed like no one had hand-dipped corn dogs which is CRAZY because who doesn't LOVE those scrumptious delicacies?! But we finally found them at a little place that advertised themselves as having "The least famous raspberry shakes" which was pretty funny considering every other restaurant up there claims to have the most "Famous Raspberry Shakes". Can't tell you if their "least famous shakes" are any good because we decided to wait to get those until we were headed out of town, but their corn dogs definitely lived up to my Bear Lake dreams. As we were finishing up our food we saw J+A drive by and met them down at a private beach we had access to because Jentz's family has a cabin up there. The water was a bit chilly but we had a grand time anyway! Highlights from our time at the beach include floating on these comfy little water chairs Kendal's sweet mom gave to us as a surprise and exploring the water on the kayak J+A got for their wedding! It was great to spend some time with them because we haven't really had a chance since they got married in May. On our way home, Kendal let me make one last stop for a shake at a little restaurant that we had never been to before. (I am just really grateful he tolerates my sweet tooth). The shake was yummers but I must say that LaBeau's still has the best. It's probably all in my head but I swear they really do taste the best. I guess we will have to keep trying new places to see if I am right or not! That night we went out to see a movie which was a real treat because we NEVER see movies on any day besides $5 Tuesday. The reason for the outing was out of my mama's generosity. When she popped in for the Penelope Olive party, she gave us some free movie tickets that she didn't think her and my dad would have time to use before India. Needless to say, we were pretty pumped on this surprise and went to go see "The Shallows". I'm not saying the movie is in any way realistic... BUT we both love Blake Lively and she rocked it. As usual. Like I totally have a girl crush on her and I made Kendal follow her on insta to see how cool she is. Aaaand he ended up loving her almost as much as me. I suggest you all go give her a follow too. SHE IS HILLLARIOUS.

Later in the week we got to celebrate our 6 month anniversary together! After we both worked full days, we took the Olive Garden Gift card the King's gave us for Easter and had ourselves a delicious night out. Our server was a kook! Hahahah and even though his bizarreness was giving me some slight anxiety, we got some big laughs out of our experience that night. Also he winked and gave me like 25 chocolates at the end so that was cool too. When we got home, we couldn't help but dig into our wedding cake topper! I know, I know, that tradition is supposed to come on the 1 year anniversary but we seriously couldn't wait a day longer! IT WAS SO GOOD. My cousin Lauren is the best and made our cake not only BEAUTIFUL but sooooo tasty too. It was a lovely night indeed :)

Additionally, I just wanna give a quick shout out to both of our amazing mama's for coming in clutch and helping these little adventures come true! Thanks to my mom for helping out with the Penelope Olive party and movie tickets and thanks to Kendal's mom for the floaties and gift card! We love you ladies!

I'll cut this post here, but I still got a lot to say! Keep your eye out for more adventures of C+K!

OH and as promised, here's a couple pictures from our little outings!

From our little trip up to Bear Lake :)

Digging in to our yummy cake topper on our 6 month anni!

A little bit of dress up for our night out to Olive Garden! And yes, that pretty top I'm wearing is Penelope Olive!
Check out her website for more lovely staple pieces :)

No comments:

Post a Comment