4.24.2018

Happy 3 months, little love.




Somehow my baby is 3 months today! It's completely cliche to say that time is flying by but WHATEVER IT'S TRUE! Anya has grown so much and continues to grow every day. It makes my mama heart happy and sad all at the same time. Also cliche, also true. All I know is that 3 months on the outside goes by SO much quicker than on the inside! It's fun hitting these milestones and realizing everything she's learned in such a short amount of time. Babies, man, they're absolutely amazing. 



Here's a little update....

I love: listening to her jabber... lil sis tells the most RIVETING stories! But I’ve discovered she’s extremely camera shy, so catching it on video is a challenge. 

I can’t get enough of: the way she falls asleep on my chest every morning after I feed her. I can (and do) stare at her perfect, peaceful, dreaming face for hours. 

I’m thankful for: Kendal’s “no-mercy” approach to swaddling... his homemade straight jacket keeps her sleeping through the entire night most of the time! 

I always want to remember: her pudgy fingers stretching and curling as she enjoys her bottle. She’s even started trying to hold it on her own. Already so independent. 



I’m insanely proud of: how determined she is to sit up on her own. She concentrates so hard when she’s trying to get up... it’s actually kind of hilarious. Dare I say, even better than her poop face. 

I always: race to get her after her naps because she gives the BEST smiles right after she wakes up. She is just so happy to see me and it makes me feel like the most important person in the world.

I can't live without: songs to help me get her to calm down and fall asleep. She's already such a King in that nature because she loves music, just like Kendal's side of the family. 
These three work almost every time: Cleopatra - The Lumineers. Lost in the Light - The Bahamas. And most importantly, The Happy Song - Imogen Heap. This one is literally magic. Even when she's screaming, I start the song and hold my phone by her head and she IMMEDIATELY calms down to concentrate on the sounds. Now, I'm not saying it KEEPS her calm because sometimes she is just too furious. But it definitely helps the majority of the time. If you have a baby... you NEED to try this. 



Some other notable developments that I can't think of a clever "I" statement for include: 
  • Anya has discovered her hands and sucks on them ALL THE TIME. Her hands are almost always wet and sticky and have become the first thing I wash when I give her a bath. 
  • She's also become quite the drool monster and is constantly blowing spit bubbles. Along with that, she's figured out how to click her tongue and blow her lips and it sends drool flying everyyyyywhereeee. Hahah so she's twice as messy but three times as fun because I could sit and listen to her make noises all day long. I do, in fact. 
  • Last but not least, one of Kendal and I's favorite development is she's kind of learned to put herself to sleep. If she's calm, fed, changed, and has played a little... sometimes we can just set her in the crib or pack and play with her binky even if she's wide awake and she'll close her eyes and fall asleep all on her own. If you don't have kids, this might not seem that miraculous. But let me tell you, it's awesome. She is truly the best baby. And she's all mine :) And Kendal's, of course ;)


Long story short, Anya is an absolute joy. We wouldn’t trade life with her for anything.  



P.S. is there a way to make babies stay little but like... keep developing in all the other areas? SOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment