7.21.2018

Anya girl is 5 months!!!!!

HEYO! I promise I wrote this the day Anya turned 5 months. On my phone. In my notes. And then guess what? This lil mama never got around to publishing! So here I am. Updating three days before she'll be six months (completely freaking about that btw). Better late than never :)

.....


Today she is 5 months, tomorrow she’ll be six months and in a week she’ll be a year. Okay, okay, so that’s not really how it works BUT IT'S HOW IT FEELS. Mothering is such a trip. I want to freeze time and make her this size, this age, this way forever. And then I see a toddler or a child in a store and I get so excited thinking about what she’s going to be like when she’s that big... the funny things she’ll say, the things she’ll like, the things she’ll want to do and be. But then also I think I need to ground her for life for growing so freaking fast! I’m telling you, MOTHERING IS A TRIP.

Her five months of life have been the best months of my life. She is my best friend, seriously. She is so much fun and silly and quirky. Like she demands to stand all the time. Everything from her waist down is constantly flexed. Her legs, her feet, even her tiny toes. I think we’ve got a future ballerina on our hands! She DOES NOT like laying down (unless you start undressing her and make her think she’s getting changed... which, oddly enough, SHE LOVES). She loves having things over her face and will even giggle when you’re pulling something off or on her head, which is so funny to me! Similarly, she loves getting zipped up in her jammies. When she hears the zipper coming towards her face, her little half moon eyes immediately being to twinkle. By the time the zipper is under her chin, her whole face is smiling and she lets out such a girly giggle. That’s something else I love about her... she’s already so feminine in so many ways (besides the long grunts she makes when her binky falls out - aka is ripped out by herself haha). She makes girly little noises and moves her hands and fingers so daintily. She even pops her pinky out when she attempts holding her own bottle.

We’ve tried several solid foods, which she isn’t the biggest fan of. She likes the IDEA of eating, but not the actual act. It’s quite funny when she gets a spoonful because she’s so excited as it gets closer to her mouth, but she looks sooo betrayed once it enters. You’d think she’s like ice cream/ whipped cream/ yogurt because it’s dairy based after all, but her expression is like, “mom... what the H did you do to your milk?!” Haha! She’s also tried watermelon, rice, green beans, carrots and butternut squash. She isn’t too big on any of those either (actually the carrots and squash weren’t a total fail. She ate quite a bit and I could tell because she had a stinkyyyy diaper later. Lol). BUT her Bluth side really came out when she tried refried beans and didn’t look TOO offended. But we will keep trying because she is super interested anything we eat! Her eyes intently follow our forks/ spoons from plate to mouth, like she’s trying to figure out how the whole eating thing works. For now, she looooves her milk. She goes straight to heaven when she eats, eyes rolling back and all.

Even if food isn’t her favorite thing yet, stuffing anything she can grab into her mouth IS. If she can get it in her hands, it’s going into her mouth. NO MATTER WHAT. She is so determined about the whole thing. It’s cracks me up every time.

We are wondering when she’s going to start teething because she chews on everything and drools everywhere. I don’t really look forward to that stage, but I’m hoping it’s not as painful (for me or for her as everyone says). Only time will tell!

She still has a lovely little bald spot on the back of her head, but I’m confident she’s close to sitting up all by herself and everyone tells me that hair will grow in once it has a chance to!

She’s not quite rolling over... yet. But she is absolutely a side sleeper and it looks like she’s close to reaching that milestone as well! Sometimes when I’m sitting in the chair beside her crib and she’s turning to look at me I think she’s going to do it. She gets sooo close. Like her entire pelvis is touching but her arms stops her from finishing the whole movement. She has successfully done it a couple times on a sloped surface though, like in bed when either mine or Kendal’s weight is pushing the mattress down.

One of my favorite traits about her that I’ve noticed is how much she loves her binky. I’ve even caught her cooing at it a few times. How cute is that, right?! She is such a little lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment