7.21.2018

The Kings take Glacier National Park.


I'm keeping this short because tonight we are going out to celebrate Kendal's birthday (26 tomorrow!) and we plan to head out the moment Anya wakes up from her little snooze (which usually isn't too long). I just wanted to share some quick highlights of our trip to Glacier National Parks this past week! We had the best time with my parents and made so many wonderful memories. Anya is becoming quite the nature lover and it is so amazing to see the way her whole face lights up when she is outdoors. 

Our first day we went "day camping". Totally the perfect set up when you've got a baby in tow. We scored this amazing campground right by Lake McDonald. It was a day filled with nothing to do, if that makes sense. We were free to do whatever our hearts desired. It was so relaxing and good to spend time with my parents, who recently returned from a two year LDS mission in India. Those two love Anya an insane amount. It fills my heart to see my parents be grandparents. Anya is so lucky to be loved by them, along with Kendal's parents. 

That water behind me? FREEZING COLD. Did we jump in? DUH. If you're around my dad and he's around a frigid body of water, you best believe some sort of Polar Plunge is underway.
 So, we have this Patagonia-look-alike jacket for Anya and I am SO regretting not having it with me for these pictures. This little Japanese kitty sweatshirt made my dad smile so big though, so it all worked out :)


This was right after we got to the campsite. When we saw how close we were to the lake, we immediately grabbed Anya and took her down to see what a beautiful world she was born into. I am dipping her little toes into the water here and if you could hear this photograph it would sound like giggles and coos. Anya is so aware of her surroundings, it astounds me. 






My parents have been stoked to use this old swing for a couple months now. They were so happy to see she was finally big enough (barley) to use it on this trip. My dad strapped it up to some trees and Kendal plopped her right down in it. She was a little uncertain at first, but started cheesing the second he started pushing her. It's impossible to describe how amusing it is to see her experience things for the first time. She is a little busy body and eager to try everything around her.




Like, the way she holds onto the swing... I. CAN'T. EVEN! <3 <3 <3


Anya grabs everything and anything she sees. This last week she discovered jewelry and I don't think her world will ever be the same. Give that girl all the shiny, shimmery, glittery things! I know all babies, boys and girls, love looking at sparkly, eye-catching things... but something about the way she was surprisingly gentle with my necklace has me convinced she is all girl, through and through. Once she saw and touched my necklace, she couldn't take her eyes off of it. We sat on this bench together, just like this, for a fair amount of time while she admired the pretty stone hanging near my neck.

Since Anya has a case of FOMO (fear of missing out) she isn't terribly cuddily, which I certainly miss. So having the chance to sit with her and snuggle forehead to forehead filled my heart with so much happy.
Not even 6 months old and she totally understands what to do when a camera is out, I swear. She is something else. We don't go anywhere without people commenting what a happy baby we have. She really is the most content, sweetest thing. We lucked out with the best.
Just two chicks, having a moment :') Haha isn't this cute though? I think so. Anya was tugging on my braid as we were trying to get a picture so I turned my head to "reprimand" her and she was just cheesing away. I couldn't help but laugh with her. She is too silly!
Squinty eyed smiles at a pit stop we took on our way up the "Going to the Sun" highway. Glacier is full of treasures.


Totally dorking out, haha! Not the best picture I've ever taken, but I HAD to include it because this was one of my favorite moments of the trip and I never want to forget feeling like I was flying! We were in the most beautiful area of the park and I saw a girl sticking her head out the sunroof. I think I commented on it, or someone did, but anyway my parents suggested I do the same! I was a little surprised because that road it pretty narrow and curvy and right next to a cliff.... But I wasn't about to say no! It was the most amazing moment and I felt so free and so young! Hahah I am only 23 but it was one of the most youthful feelings I've felt since having a baby. 

I have ALWAYS wanted to take a bath in a free standing tub like this. When we got to our hotel and it had one, I couldn't wait to try it out! I had a little free time to myself soaking in the warm water and bubbles before Kendal brought in Anya. She was a mess from dinner (solids are no joke) and needed a little bath herself. As much as I enjoyed my alone time, time with her was even better. She was smiling and laughing and splashing. She has the most fun personality and I just eat it right up!
 Again, dipping in the water. I like this picture because you can see both of our raised cheeks, indicating that there is definitely a whole lot of smiling going on :)

She is my little merbaby. If it includes water, she's IN. She could have stared at the tiny waves crashing on the rocks all day long. And I could have stared at her staring all day long!

 The pudgy fingers, the arm rolls, THAT SMILE! I continually comment on how seriously unreal she is... because, SERIOUSLY, HOW IS SHE REAL?!? AND MINE?!?
 Possibly my favorite picture I've taken of these two yet. Anya smiles at any chance of independence she can get, so you can imagine just how much she loves it when Kendal lets her stand like this (even though sometimes it gives me a heart attack lol)


 I'm telling you, she knows just what to do for the camera!





 My people. I am so glad we got to experience Glacier but even more so that we got to experience it with my parents. They are so much fun, funny, patient and adventurous. The perfect traveling combination, if you ask me.


Ask anyone, I am not a morning person. However, I will wake up at the crack of dawn to go fishing with my dad. There is something about being on the water, soaking in the sun and anticipation of when a pole starts bobbing with a fish. 

I got the first fish of the day! I like how Kendal described my face in this picture... a smile so big it's nearly strained like a kid hopped up on birthday candy hahaha TOO TRUE THOUGH!

 Kendal had never gone fishing like this, really, so it was fun being with him for his first time. I love the excitement in this picture. Kendal is saying "I got one!" as Captain Hank brings it in with the net.

 It was kind of a slow day, to be honest. "But that's fishin'". I didn't really mind though. Like I said, it's everything about the experience I enjoy. And it was fun to do it with my husband and dad. My mom got to stay home and babysit our Anya, which she lives for, so it was a win-win for everyone!

Wanna know why I'm standing by the big one? Because I reeled that sucka in HOI YA!







No comments:

Post a Comment