10.06.2017

20 Week Bumpdate

How far along? 20 weeks
Weight Gain? At my doctor’s appointment I asked about weight gain and if there is anything I should be doing to put on the pounds because I felt like I hadn’t gained as much as I should have… But it turns out I’ve gained 10 pounds already which she said is right on track! Phew! I have been concerned about that this whole time because even though I saw my belly growing, I was comparing myself to some other girls who are due around the same time as me, and they are showing a lot more! I’ll always have my mama’s genes though and she said people didn’t really know she was pregnant until she was about 6 months! So things are good. And now I feel better about exercising regularly because I was super nervous I would lose when I am supposed to gain.
Size of baby? A juicy mango! My absolute faaav! No wonder this week was the best yet :)
Maternity Clothes? Most of my jeans still fit, although they are definitely a little snug. I’m guessing it won’t be long but who knows! I keep surprising myself because I would have assumed I would have needed some expandable belly bands by now… but not quite!
Pregnancy Symptoms? Mostly the typical exhaustion and occasional heartburn.
Sleep? Sleep is good! I asked my doctor if I should be worried about sleeping on my back because that is what I’ve heard, but she said as long as I am comfy, anything is fine! She even said I could lay on my stomach if it felt okay. I was so surprised to learn this. Just another lesson to demonstrate everyone is totally different and to not take everyone else’s opinion too seriously.
Cravings? Nothing comes to mind this week!
Anything making you queasy? I felt kind of queasy after eating just two itty bitty bites of the cake balls from our gender reveal. Rich sweets are not my friend. Who would have thought??
Gender? WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL! Ah! I was seriously sooo shocked when we had our big ultrasound. I have been totally convinced this entire pregnancy that it was a little boy growing in there. All the old wives tales matched up! Here’s the story: Kendal and I decided we wanted to find out at the ultrasound so we could have the moment to ourselves, to completely savor the surprise together. I am so glad we did this even though sooo many people wanted us to do a “trendy” gender reveal where we find out in front of all our friends and family. The whole experience was incredible. I wish I could have an ultrasound every week (heh-hem, or every day!) so I could see that sweet little baby’s developing face and body! She was asleep the whole time so the tech had to push around on my tummy to get her to move haha! It was so cute seeing her all cozied up in there. Her arms were crossed over her face and her legs were twisted around each other. When the tech pushed on my stomach she’d quickly move her arms up to expose that little face of hers but then immediately put them right down for snoozin. Haha I’m so in love already :) But when it came time to find out the gender, the tech was worried we wouldn’t be able to find out because, like I said, her legs were completely criss-crossed and she would NOT move them! (Once we found out she was a girl, Kendal said “Aw.. she’s already a little lady!” *LOVE SIGH!) Anyway, after much prodding we finally got her to open up a little and the tech said, “you see those three little lines?” and I was like yeah it’s a boy! I was right! cause , ya know, 1 pee-pee + 2 family jewels = 3! BUT then she said, that means you’ve got a baby girl in there! And I immediately started crying because I was just so shocked and excited and overwhelmed with more love than I can describe! Keeping the secret to ourselves was practically impossible for the next two days but I had to keep it shut because we had a little gender reveal planned to surprise everyone else :) Oh! I also wanted to note something else funny that happened at the ultrasound. The tech was measuring the baby to see if she was growing at the right rate and when she got to the legs she went “Wow those are some long femurs! No surprise there…” and winked at Kendal and I. Hahah we’ve got a little athlete in the making! Hopefully she gets Kendal’s coordination! lol
Baby movement? Still nothing :( And after our big ultrasound, I finally know WHY I’m not feeling baby girl move around in there… the placenta is RIGHT between my skin and baby! That really bummed me out because I can hardly wait to feel life growing inside my body. The ultrasound tech said this is no concern but it will just take a longer time for me to feel anything because now baby has to be big enough to punch and kick through several layers, instead of just one. Shucks! I wanna feel that little baby dancin in there!
Best moment this week? Our big ultrasound of course! And having a little party for some of our loved ones to share the news with them. Big thanks to my cutest soul sister Emily for throwing us a little gender reveal. Kendal and I made strawberry flavored cake balls covered in chocolate for everyone to bite into at the same time! I thought it went super well and had the best time hanging with some friends I don’t get to see very often.
Weird pregnancy moment? Everything feels so much more real now that we know what we are having! I even got a whole bundle of tiny baby girl clothes off Facebook classifieds! I couldn’t help myself once I found out! Plus it was such a killer deal that I really could not resist. Thriftiness is my weakness! Anyway, as I was looking at those tiny onesies it just hit me that it will soon be filled with a real life baby that has mine and Kendal’s DNA and I will be a MOM and my husband will be a DAD. There is nothing more weird than realizing this, my friends. NOTHING.
What I’m looking forward to? Feeling baby girl moving and grooving!

No comments:

Post a Comment