10.06.2017

23 Week Bumpdate

How far along? 23 weeks
Weight Gain? From my last appointment, it seems I’ve gained about 4 pounds! Baby is starting to grow A LOT faster and you can tell! I’m poppin for sure!
Size of baby? Baby is now the size of a bunch of grapes! And her little lungs look like the tiny grapes on the vine :)
Maternity Clothes? I’ve started wearing yoga pants more often and trying out some maternity bottoms here and there.
Pregnancy Symptoms? HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPO over here! Haha it surprises me how many snacks I eat before noon. And I wake up starving every morning! I’ve never been able to eat much in the early hours of the day but even though I eat breakfast around 7 a.m.,  I power through 2 big bowls of dense/ hearty cereal without a problem.
Sleep? I’ve felt so much more energized compared to last week! Still tired but not quite as exhausted as I was. Sleep has been pretty good but there are still some nights where I wake up restless and can’t fall back asleep for whatever reason.
Cravings? GIVE ME ALL THE CARBS. Haha nothing in particular really but if it’s a bagel, muffin, piece of toast, sandwich, or pasta… COUNT ME IN!
Anything making you queasy?  I’ve found raw fruits and veggies give me heartburn more than anything else, which is probably why I am all about the carbo goodies right now. Hoping this doesn’t last long because I need to eat healthy for this little girl but it’s hard to make healthy choices when they make you feel sick :( How twisted.
Baby movement? Yes! She’s awake more than I thought because I can feel her spinning around throughout the day! It’s such a fun reminder of what my body is doing.
Best moment this week? Going up to Pocatello to watch General Conference with Kendal’s dad. Sadly for us, Lucy was visiting Marci in Arkansas so we didn’t get to see her, but it was great to be able to be with some family for conference weekend. And of course spending the whole day in sweats, wrapped up in a cozy blanket, cuddling with my honey wasn’t too bad either ;)
Weird pregnancy moment? I’ve been wracking my brain on this one for about 10 minutes and can’t think of anything super weird?? I mean, the daily developments in my belly button are pretty hilarious (I’m more than half outie at this point) but that’s nothing new! It’s the best I’ve got this week.
What I’m looking forward to? I know I’ve still got a lot of waiting to do for this… but I can’t wait to see who this baby looks like! I’ll be looking forward to that until we get to meet her squishy little self (plus a few weeks post birth since newborns all look the same). Speaking of which… do newborns look the same when it’s YOUR baby? I bet I’ll be saying “oh she has my lips!” or nose or ears or something the second she’s born just because she’ll be mine…. but let’s be honest before I’ve just gone through labor or delivery and I’m amped up on that new mom adrenalin….. All newborns are really just aliens. Hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment