10.06.2017

21 Week Bumpdate

How far along? 21 weeks
Weight Gain? Approximately 10 pounds and counting!
Size of baby? Baby is a baby bok choy!
Maternity Clothes? Nope. But that doesn’t stop me from bi-weekly DI runs to check out the maternity section. I have already scored some killer deals to use for when I need it!
Pregnancy Symptoms? Acid reflux for days! Before pregnancy, I had never experienced heartburn. It seemed like so many people got it and I never understood what they were talking about. As it turns out, it feels EXACTLY like it sounds. Like my organs are swimming in acid… and it’s no fun. Hoping it’ll stop once baby is here and not become a common thing like it seems to be for the average human.
Sleep? My body has gotten into this weird habit where I randomly wake up in the middle of the night feeling completely energized and ready to go for about two hours (usually between 3:30-5:30 a.m.) but then I eventually fall back asleep and feel utterly EXHAUSTED when my alarm goes off for work at 6:30. Part of me is wondering if it has something to do with baby’s sleeping habits inside of me? I’ll go into this more a few questions down, but I am pretty sure I have started to feel some of her movements (YAY!) and oftentimes it’s when I am awake during those hours of the night. If this is the case, I am already nervous for those sleepless nights when she active in the wee hours of the morning! YIKES! Oh motherhood :)
Cravings? Alright, this is probably my “weirdest/ most exciting” craving to date. The other day I was making spaghetti with meat sauce and thought to myself, “hm this would be tasty if it was spicy!” so I threw in some red chili flakes. Correction… a lot of red chili flakes. And gobbled up spicy spaghetti for dinner. Is that strange? For me it is because I have never been into spicy foods but I feel like the idea of spicy spaghetti isn’t too bizarre. Right? Let me know what you think!
Anything making you queasy? Cuties. I THINK. It is bumming me out so hard because I LOVE CUTIE SEASON! The other day when Kendal and I went grocery shopping I saw that those big bags of tiny orangy goodness were on sale and of course bought it without remembering that in the early stages of this pregnancy I threw up every time I ate a cutie. Well, I remembered  how nauseous they made me a few months ago when I ate one at work the next day. Luckily I didn’t throw up, but I spent the rest of the day feeling like I was back in the yucky part of the first trimester, almost WISHING I would just throw up. Sigh.
Gender? PINK!
Baby movement? Ah, here’s the exciting stuff! I have started feeling just a little bit of movement down there :) It’s not strong or consistent or often but it definitely happens on occasion! The first time was after I got home from the gym and was sitting (slumping is actually way more accurate) on the couch and was looking at my phone with one hand while the other was placed on my stomach resting. Out of NOWHERE I felt this little BLIP right under my hand on my stomach and was like woah that was totally a human kicking my insides. It was so remarkable and thrilling! So then I started pushing back from the inside out to make her do it more (haha sorry baby) and sure enough, she responded with a few more little chops! I just sat there, talking to my belly, trying to get her to keep doing it, but she’s just a tiny baby afterall and must have got tired from all that rowdiness! Haha. I couldn’t wait to tell Kendal when he got home. We spent awhile trying to make her do it more together, and though I could feel some twirling sensation inside of me, it was nothing that could be felt from the outside. I don’t even think those first few kicks and punches could really be felt from the outside, even though it seemed like that to me! You know, it’s that weird perception when you touch your own arm with your finger and you’re like… is that my finger feeling my arm or my arm feeling my finger? Do you get what I mean? Haha or am I the only one who that makes sense to? Anyway… those little blips continued on at spontaneous moments during the week and each time I just stopped what I was doing and sat there in awe like “WOAH”. It’s so cool because a lot of people say those first movements feel like popcorn popping or butterflies or even just gas bubbles… but what I felt was unmistakably a human being inside of me swooshing around! JUST THE BEST EVER. On one of my sleepless nights (described above) the way it felt was exactly this: Haiiiiii - YA! Hahaha that’s the best way I can express it. It felt like she was winding up with a little “haiiiii” and then boom! Came the “YA!” The next morning I told Kendal we might just have a wild party animal on our hands who like to do karate before the world wakes up!
Best moment this week? Hands down feeling life inside me (if that wasn’t already obvious from my novel above) haha!
Weird pregnancy moment? Feeling life inside of me definitely doubles for the weirdest pregnancy moment of the week! I was just so prepared to wait much longer after learning that the placenta is placed right between my skin and the baby… it totally caught me off guard… in the BEST way possible :)
What I’m looking forward to? Strong enough movements that Kendal can feel it! Everytime I put my hands to my stomach after saying “woah”, Kendal eagerly did the same but was always so disappointed when he couldn’t feel all the fun. I know it’ll  take a few more weeks to get that point but if there is anything pregnancy has taught me, it’s that patience is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment