11.13.2017

26 Week Bumpdate

How far along? 26 weeks
Size of baby? Baby is a butternut squash! Just in time for the winter squash season too :)
Maternity Clothes? Same as last week! BUT one of the best moments was… I finally scored some long maternity jeans at DI! AND they are pretty cute too. I really like the cut and color of them. I mean, they aren’t super long and still seem a little short but at least I feel like I can get away with wearing them with normal shoes!
Pregnancy Symptoms? CRAMPING. Oh the cramping. Accompanied by a huuuuge growth spurt, just as the article I read promised (about feeling less movement prior to some major growing developments). I woke up Sunday morning after a few days of intense cramps and discomfort and Kendal was like, “woah, that babe doubled in size overnight!” I checked myself out in the mirror and he was spot on. I was suddenly huge! Like definitely and obviously pregnant. It was the craziest thing! We were actually on  weekend trip with a Kendal’s family at the time and they agreed. When we went down to have breakfast with them in the hotel lobby they were like “oh my goodness, there really is a baby in there!” And everyone in gas stations just looked at my bump and smiled at me at every rest stop we visited on the road trip. It was so fun feeling recognized for all my hard work! Growing a human is not easy!
Sleep? Still frequently wake up through the night and struggle to fall back asleep. I have a feeling it’ll continue to be like this for the rest of the pregnancy. I guess my body is just preparing itself to be up all night with a newborn!
Cravings? We got ice cream twice on the trip with Kendal’s family and it was super satisfying! Like, it wasn’t something I had been thinking about but while I was eating it I realized that it was REALLY hitting the spot!
Anything making you queasy? Tomatoes cause they are so acidic. I had to pick out all the tomatoes in my salads and give them to Kendal which was a huge bummer cause they looked so yummy! (That’s something I never thought I’d say as a child lol).
Baby movement? Oh. My. Goodness. This little girl really turned into a gymnast, salsa dancer, kickboxer this week! She constantly wiggled, punched, kicked and twirled alllll week long! It was so much fun! I could see pretty much every movement on the outside which is always double exciting for me. I even caught a few of her blips on video which made me extra happy!
Best moment this week? I ran a mile on the treadmill at the gym and felt sooo good! I haven’t really attempted running for a few months but I just felt like my body needed it! (Probably from sitting in the car for hours and hours on our weekend trip to Northern Idaho - which was also the best part of this week!) Oh and ask me how sore I was from just that one mile? Haha it’s like my body forgot it had any of those muscles!
Weird pregnancy moment? The growth. It was the best and weirdest. It’s like even though I’ve had one positive pregnancy test,  two ultrasounds, have heard her heartbeat multiple times and was constantly sick for three months… I didn’t feel like there was a baby in there until my tummy extended over my legs. Hahah I’ve just kept saying to Kendal, “what if I’m not pregnant and I am just getting fat?” But now that I’ve popped this far I feel obviously pregnant and have honestly loved it! It’s just such a cool experience and so weird to think that growing a person inside of you is POSSIBLE!

What I’m looking forward to? Continuing to feel those constant movements! Pregnancy just got so fun this week between popping and watching her wiggle inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment