11.18.2017

27 Week Bumpdate

How far along? 27 weeks
Weight Gain? I had a doctors appointment this week and got an update on my weight gain! I will just say that the second number was one I have never seen while on a scale! Haha it was kind of crazy to see something that. But baby girl is growing and she’s healthy and I am happy! :)
Size of baby? A bunch of bananas.
Pregnancy Symptoms? My bladder feels like it’s the size of a walnut! If I’m not in the bathroom or walking to the bathroom, I am thinking about the next time I will have to get up to go to the bathroom! Hahah oh the joys of pregnancy!
Sleep? I felt a little more energetic this week! I slept pretty well each night and didn’t get as tired as early as I have throughout the pregnancy. I guess I got that “second trimester burst of energy” in my last week of the 2nd tri lol!
Cravings? Anything salty! Chips, fries, you name it.
Anything making you queasy? Not really! Yay!
Baby movement? OH MY GOODNESS! The greatest thing happened. Baby girl had been moving so much through the week, so Kendal and I decided to try something out. One of my pregnancy apps said that she could see this week and it recommended a little game. Apparently at this stage, baby can differentiate between light and dark. So it said if we put a flashlight up to my belly, baby might start moving around. YUP! It definitely worked. Haha literally the instant Kendal put the light up to my stomach, she LURCHED. It totally freaked me out! Kendal didn’t see it because I jumped so high but it looked like she dragged her arm across the entire right side of my belly. Hahah we really must have startled her in there! It was so funny and I’ve tried to recreate it since then, but nothing compares to that first time.
Best moment this week? It was Halloween this week, so the best moment by far was dressing my bump up with our costume! I’ve been looking forward to incorporating my pregnant tummy into my costume for yearssss. It was so fun to finally be able to use the idea I’ve been dreaming up for so long! Kendal and I were “Cast Away”. He was Tom Hanks, complete with crazy hair and a huge beard, ripped clothes and a FedEx box. I, of course, was Wilson. Everyone got a kick out of it! It turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself! ALSO, my brother Stephan threw a 1920’s murder mystery dinner and although I didn’t use my belly as a prop for that party, it was really cool for my siblings to see my growing bump! What made it even better was their reaction to touching it! Hahah unfortunately baby didn’t move for them, but it was just so funny how shocked they were by how firm and tight my belly feels! I’m pregnant with the first grandbaby on my side of the family and my sister-in-law, Shayla, doesn’t have any nieces or nephews either. So I don’t think any of them have touched a lot of pregnant bellys. It really is surprising how hard baby bumps feel!
Weird pregnancy moment? When winning costumes were being awarded at our ward’s Halloween party, there was obviously a lot of clapping going on (we got second place, btw!). It seemed like baby girl was clapping along with everyone else because she was practically doing flips each time the room erupted in applause! I don’t know if she could really hear the noise or if it was just coincidence, but it was exciting either way!
What I’m looking forward to? Hitting trimester THREE next week! Ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment