8.28.2017

11 Week Bumpdate


How far along? 11 weeks
Weight Gain? Still not sure. Maybe we should get a scale sometime? I’ve just never been very into keeping up with my weight. Til now!
Size of baby? Baby is as big as a brussel sprout this week!
Maternity Clothes? Not yet! But I did make my first maternity clothes purchase, woop! I won’t wear it for a while but while Kendal and I wandered around Target one day I saw some cute maternity flannels in the clearance section and figured might as well get them! The good thing is I can still totally wear them without a gigantic belly. There’s little ties on the sides to make it look flattering no matter how big or small you are!
Pregnancy Symptoms? Felt pretty darn good this week!
Must have items?
  • I guess at this point I would say my must have item is my water bottle that keeps the liquid cold all day! Still can’t get enough ice cold water.
Sleep? I am beginning to wonder at what point I need to stop sleeping on my back. I am a crazy sleeper so that is going to be a big change for me. I always knew I’d have to stop sleeping on my stomach when I got pregnant but I’d never heard lying flat on your back could stop blood flow to the fetus! Scary! So I am starting to try to only sleep on my sides which is difficult.
Cravings? Never really had any serious cravings!
Anything making you queasy? Red sauce… on pasta... on pizza… ew the thought makes me shiver!
Gender Prediction? Still feeling pretty certain that there is a baby BOY kicking it down there!
Baby movement? Nope.
Best moment this week? Besides the red sauce dilema, I am starting to feel a lot better! In fact, Kendal and I had the chance to visit Niagara Falls this weekend and I had my best day yet! No nausea at all. I ate a delicious indian lunch and then topped it off with some ice cream at the Hershey’s Factory. It felt amazing to eat and feel energized rather than running for the bathroom (or constantly thinking I may need to run to the bathroom).
Weird pregnancy moment? This may qualify as TMI…. but…. I am getting hairier! Haha! I’ve always had very sparse, very light colored body hair…. But this week I noticed my belly is looking kind of hairy! LOL kind of freaky but I guess that’s normal. Even Kendal noticed! Don’t worry guys, I’m not sasquatch or anything. Just had to note the changes I’m seeing my body go through!
What I’m looking forward to? Putting together a nursery. This week I started considering all the options for refinishing the crib I slept in as a baby and what color I might want to paint baby's room! Whether it’s a boy or a girl, I’d like to keep it somewhat gender neutral. I just like the look of that more than lots of blue or lots of pink! I also started drawing out layouts for where I’d like to put it all… thinking of ways to make the room flow, create space, and practicality/ function. It’s so fun to daydream of all this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment