8.28.2017

12 Week Bumpdate


How far along? 12 weeks
Weight Gain? Not sure of the exact amount, but my belly is definitely looking different this week! I can see the little bump forming and while the change may be too small for anyone else to notice, I can tell a BIG difference.
Size of baby? An apricot!
Maternity Clothes? Nothing yet but I’m sure it won’t be too long! At least for pants. On the very first day of my twelfth week I put on a pair of jeans in the morning, changed into some sweats while I was hanging around the home and then at night when I tried putting those SAME jeans on there was suddenly a whole lot less room! It was the craziest thing! That was also the first day where I feel like I could actually see a difference in my belly. I swear the growth happened in just a few hours!
Pregnancy Symptoms? The nausea and fatigue have been SO much better this week. Second trimester,  I can already tell that I love you :) However there have been some new things like constipation (sorry for the TMI guys!) and what I believe to be round ligament pain. One night when Kendal and I went grocery shopping together, my stomach was aching pretty bad and then while I was walking down the produce aisle I literally doubled over in pain! It was short and went away fast but for a few seconds there was some serious shooting pains down there. Some of that aching continued through the week, but never got to the point where I was knocked over halfway! Haha thank goodness!
Must have items?
  • Still love my water bottle that keeps liquids ICE COLD!
Sleep? Sleep has been pretty good this week! I have felt comfortable.
Cravings? Sour gummy candy! Like sour punch straws or sour patch kids! It’s still weird for me to not really want chocolate because my whole life I have identified as a raging chocoholic! Haha!
Anything making you queasy? Nothing really! Yay! Well, at least food related. I will say I took advantage of feeling so well that I didn’t put as much effort into eating small meals frequently and that made me get sick :( Once I finally got some food it didn’t take long for the nausea to set in and bring it all back up. But the difference with this one was once I was finished, I felt fine instead of the usual icky sicky feeling I normally get post-vomit. I even made myself another tostada and gobbled it up! Haha!
Gender Prediction? Still thinking boy. It’s going to be so exciting to see if I am right or wrong! It’s so hard to tell these things, no matter how many gender prediction articles I read! Haha!
Baby movement? Still a tad early!
Best moment this week? Just feeling better. My appetite is pretty much back to its normal self and I am LOVING it. Not only just because I love eating food… but because I can finally stomach most proteins and vegetables so I am trying to make up for the nutrients I missed out on for most of that first trimester.
Weird pregnancy moment? Just seeing my belly grow. My stomach has been pretty flat my entire life, that’s just my body type… so seeing it get a little thicker is CRAZY to me! I can’t help but rub it and feel the growth and think of who is developing down there :)
What I’m looking forward to? Seeing my little belly grow MORE! Eep! I’m not looking forward to buying maternity clothes… but can’t wait to be BUMPIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment