1.05.2018

32 Week Bumpdate

How far along? 32 weeks
Weight Gain? I have gained 27 lbs! Woah!  When I asked my doctor about healthy weight gain and the fact that I put on 4 lbs in a matter of 2 weeks, she just smiled and said, “let’s remember we celebrated thanksgiving between these appointments”. Haha!
Size of baby? A Florida pomelo! No idea what that is but when I change the setting on my app to “weird but cute animals” it says she is the size of a “naked-tailed armadillo” haha! I’m not too sure how I feel about that setting.
Pregnancy Symptoms? Feeling extra emotional this week. Between the scare (see below), the happy ultrasound (again, see below) and a very loving text from my older brother, I cried multiple times this week.
Must have items?
  • Fortress of pillows for sleeping! Pregnancy can change a person. Normally I am all about cuddles and regularly request snugs throughout the day but the other night when I hadn’t built up my little fort on my side of the bed, Kendal came to bed late after studying for a final and tried kissing me and cuddling me goodnight and I woke up and mumbled, “You are REALLY encroaching on my space”. Hahahah sorry honey! And then I took a big pillow and stuffed it between us and wrapped my legs around that instead of my cutie hubster. The next morning, Kendal looks at me with a puppy dog face and says, “I just wanted to snuggle ya!” And the incident from the night came back to my memory! Hahah I thought it was pretty funny.
Sleep? I think the previous story sums up sleep pretty well, haha! Seriously getting uncomfortable over here. And when I wake up to pee I have the HARDEST time falling back asleep. I’ve also had several nightmares that leave me waking up all sweaty and freaked out and I definitely don’t fall back asleep after that happens… even if it’s at 3 am. Smh!
Cravings? I’m still going pretty hard on cottage cheese and peaches/ pears! It’s the yummiest combo and so satisfying! Also… gimmie all the avocados :)
Anything making you queasy? Nothing really! I STILL  feel icky if I go to long without eating (learned that the hard way) but as far as foods go… nothing is particularly bad!
Baby movement? Yes! One of the best times she was moving was while Kendal and I were watching a Christmas movie and I was laying down on the couch with my feet in his lap and she was going buck wild! So I grabbed Kendal’s hand and put it right where she was going bonkers and his eyes got huge and was like, “she’s trying to escape!” They were probably the biggest movements he’s been able to feel. It’s just so fun sharing those moments together! I mean, I always get to party with her but Kendal isn’t with us 24/7 (though I wish he could be) so it’s always special when he gets to feel her :)
Best moment this week? Best and worst. I got an unplanned ultrasound (due to a little scare…. but don’t worry, everything is fine!) Apparently the ultrasound can show HAIR and baby girl is definitely not a baldy! It was so exciting seeing all the little wisps on top of her squishy head! I’ve been dreaming of a little babe with a head full of locks and it looks like that’s what we are getting! Also she’s measuring one week ahead so she certainly has her parents genes and is looking big and strong :)
Weird pregnancy moment? So the little scare we had was some light spotting. When it occurred I immediately called in and spoke with the on call doctor and he said it wasn’t anything I should be worried about but when I went in for my routine appointment I told my doctor and she wanted to order an ultrasound just to be safe. Not going to lie, I cried almost the whole drive home after just because I felt nervous and scared and a little mad at the other doctor I spoke with on the phone who told me it was normal (which, to be fair, it can be normal. But it would have been nice to know I still needed an ultrasound done to be POSITIVE things were going well in my little baby’s 9 month home).

What I’m looking forward to? Extra stoked to hold my baby and dress her hairy head up in the cutest headbands! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment