1.19.2018

38 Week Bumpdate

How far along? 38 weeks
Weight Gain? Again, my weight is about the same as last week! It seems I’ve gained about 27-29 lbs through this pregnancy, which is right on track!
Size of baby? Little one is the size of a spaghetti squash this week.
Pregnancy Symptoms? Pretty much everything you can name is at an all time high - heartburn, has to pee all. the. time. , moderate insomnia, exhaustion, swollen feet, nesting instinct, and braxton hicks contractions.  
Must have items?
  • Notes on my phone so I can remember to jot down tasks to accomplish before baby gets here!
Sleep? Not good, not bad, just the usual. When Kendal has to wake up at 4 am for work I have a very difficult time falling back asleep. But luckily one morning when he didn’t have to set his alarm crazy early, I slept soundly until about 8:30! It was amaaaazing. Then Kendal woke me up with a foot massage and I was just so happy I could have cried! However, even the times I thought I was sleeping soundly, Kendal said I moaned and groaned throughout the night. Soooo maybe I wasn’t getting as restful sleep as I thought!
Cravings? I have either craved really healthy or really unhealthy this week! There hasn’t been a lot of in between. While I’ve had the time to prepare and enjoy 3 very balanced meals a day (which has made me feel amazing by the way), I have also found myself wanting to eat alllll the chocolate chip teddy grahams  (haven’t had those in years. Omg they are so so delish), bowl after bowl of nutter butter cereal (brand new! We found them at Walmart and they are freaking good), and Dr. Pepper or cherry coke (it has to be cherry, not original - and I am not a huge cherry flavored fan?) and spicy chicken sandwiches (on more than just one occasion)..... Even though I don’t really like soda OR spicy food. Weird right?? I have also been enjoying more dairy than usual this week, even though in the past weeks it has made me feel sick… for example, one of my go to snacks has been turkey w/ mozzarella cheese and crackers! Or garden veggie cheese dip from Gossners on crackers. Or blueberry drinkable yogurts. And for whatever reason… it hasn’t upset my tummy like it normally does. So strange! Pregnancy is such a doozy.
Anything making you queasy? I mentioned that nutter butter cereal as a craving just barely, but one night after eating one helping too many, I can’t eat anymore.... And looking at the box makes my stomach churn. It wasn’t a long term craving, obviously! But it hit the spot while it existed! Also, one night when my body was super achy (I seriously thought I was going into labor), Kendal and I were watching some YouTube videos to distract me from the pain. Well, we got on a foodie kick and started watching tons of videos about food and I enjoyed it for a while until I saw one that made my heartburn scream. It wasn’t even that gross? It was some concoction of tater tots topped with queso and some other stuff my brain isn’t even letting me remember right now. Haha
Baby movement? Always! Fortunately she hasn’t been up in my ribs QUITE as much this week. But her movements are so big now that honestly they sometimes make me feel nauseous. The only way I can describe it is it kind of feels the same as when you ride a ride like Rocket at Lagoon. You know, that dropping feeling where your stomach kind of soars? Honestly that feeling is one of my favorites in the entire world (I’ve tried convincing Kendal to go skydiving with me multiple times), however when your not expecting it and it’s actually caused by a little (big) baby instead of adrenaline…. It doesn’t settle too well.
Best moment this week? Since I stopped going into work this week, I have had the chance to put all my time and energy into bettering myself and our home before baby gets here! I made a list a few weeks ago and have slowly been checking off items every day, which just makes me feel so good. Checking items off lists has always been therapeutic to me! Plus the weather in Logan has been AMAZING this week! Not necessarily warm, but definitely not cold and very sunny :)))) I’ve loved it! It has motivated me to spend more time in the fresh air which has been so cleansing for my mental state. I’ve gone on walks everyday around noon, listening to uplifting podcasts, and it sets such a good tone for the rest of the day! It makes me feel so productive and content. I also had the goal to keep our sink clear of dishes, especially at the end of the night. It has really made a positive impact on the feel of our home in general. Dishes are easily my LEAST favorite chore in the entire world. Hate is a strong word, but that is how I feel about doing dishes. So keeping this goal has been huge for me! I think I dislike it so much because it is neverrrrr endingggg and it takes up so much time! It is required multiple times a day and piles up so friggen quick. Plus, I really cringe about the way my hands feel after doing the dishes… just yuck! BUT keeping the sink clear has motivated me to keep up with other chores around the house (that I don’t mind doing so much). I tell ya, that nesting urge is alive and real! Our house has never been cleaner. Having the time to make our space clear has kept my mind clear and allowed room for more positivity! I was in serious need of that before this baby comes. Just last week I was breaking down nearly every day about everything that needed to be done before she arrived and it was putting me in a dark place! Luckily I feel so much more ready and happy to be welcoming her into our family in just a few more days!!!!
Weird pregnancy moment? I seriously thought I was going into labor just last night. I was actually really surprised when I woke up to the morning and my body didn’t hurt so bad. I started feeling really uncomfortable around 8 pm and got the craziest urge to clean all our bathrooms and vacuum the carpets and sweep and mop the kitchen. Earlier that morning I had FaceTimed with my mom and I was telling her all about the cleaning I was going to do that day and she was like “Oh… maybe the baby will come tonight! Lot’s of mothers get the urge to clean right before baby comes!” Long story short, I took care of some car stuff that took longer than expected and I was too tired during the day to do the cleaning I had intended. So when my body started hurting, I was like “Ah! If I really go into labor tonight, our house will not be ready to bring her back to!” (even though it totally would be because as I just mentioned above, I’ve been cleaning and tidying all week). Anyway, after I did all that, I got into bed with Kendal and the pains just got worse and worse the longer I layed there. I ended up not falling asleep til like 1 because I was hurting so bad! But here I am, writing this post feeling perfectly normal. As normal as possible for being 39 weeks (today) anyway. So… we will just keep waiting until those early labor pains actually bring a baby into the world! Fingers crossed that’s only a few days away!
What I’m looking forward to? My mom and dad get here on MONDAY! Woop! I can’t wait to see them and I extra can’t wait to see my baby girl! She is so close! I can feel it!

No comments:

Post a Comment