1.05.2018

33 Week Bumpdate

How far along? 33 weeks
Size of baby? Cauliflower blossom
Pregnancy Symptoms? Starting to get reeeeal uncomfortable. And I still have 7 weeks! Heaven help me!
Sleep? Eh.
Cravings? My girl Stacey made some chicken salad for my baby shower and ohhhhh myyyy goshhhhh I have been dreaming of it ever since! It was honestly the best chicken salad I have ever had! It was made with half mayo and half greek yogurt (which was a huge plus because mayonnaise has always kind of freaked me out) and a teeny bit of vinegar for tang and a little bit of honey for sweetness. Then it was mixed with all the good stuff (nuts, apples, raisins) YUM. I’ve also been craving anything with ham! I’ve been eating ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch almost everyday and before we went to our ward Christmas party I was like “man I hope it’s ham and potatoes” and low and behold! It was!
Anything making you queasy? I’ve been going crazy for cottage cheese with peaches for a few weeks now but the last time I ate it, it tasted like fish?? I’m not sure if we bought a different brand or if I’m just being weird but yuccckkkk now I’m scared to eat my favorite snack again :(
Baby movement? Oh yes! She is always up in my rib cage though and I’m anxiously awaiting for her to drop into the birth position so I don’t have to deal with her crushing my insides anymore. Haha everyone always comments on how cute I look ”resting” my hand on my baby bump… but in all reality, I’m probably trying to shove her out of my rib cage!
Best moment this week?  This week was filled with best moments! First and foremost, my beloved USU forth floor sisters threw me the most adorable baby shower! It’s always so fun to get together with them and act like crazy little freshies again. They sure spoiled my little babe with some cutie stuff! Then we had my work Christmas party, complete with some amaaazing prime rib. My dad always makes prime rib for Christmas and it made my heart happy to celebrate the tradition from Logan even though they are in India for one more Christmas. Then we partied again the next night at our ward Christmas party! On Wednesday, our good friends Chris and Maddie invited us to a David Blaine magic show at the Spectrum (who I had never heard of before… but it turns out he is literally world famous and a total kook! Look him up. He is seriously ridiculous.) Maddie happens to also be expecting a little girl just a few months after us and it was extra fun to talk with her about all things pregnancy and baby.  The next night I had the chance to meet my friend Amanda’s 6 week old baby just in time before they take off for her husband’s flight school! It was so crazy to look at her baby and realize I will have my own in just a matter of weeks! Also…. I definitely don’t know how to hold newborns! Haha yikes! Tiny babies have always kind of scared me just because I feel like they are soooo fragile but everyone says it’s different when it’s your own baby! Man do I hope they’re right!
Weird pregnancy moment? I NEVER feel relieved after going to the bathroom and it is so frustrating! Like right after I pee, I walk out of the bathroom and instantly feel the pain of my bladder again as if I’ve been holding it for hours. IT. IS. THE. WORST.

What I’m looking forward to? Holding my own baby and hopefully feeling those motherly instincts! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment