1.05.2018

36 Week Bumpdate

How far along? 36 weeks
Weight Gain? Nothing changed much since my last appointment. Unusual because I feel bigger!
Size of baby? A fruit as sweet as this baby… she’s now the size of a papaya!
Pregnancy Symptoms? Here’s a list of foods that don’t give me heartburn: __________
Haha f’real doe. The other night I woke up with the most stinging heartburn I have ever experienced! I literally woke up gasping for air because it hurt so bad I couldn’t breath. I even felt nauseous because of it and was sure I was going to throw up but luckily I didn’t! It was realllyyyy unpleasant though, as you’d imagine. All I gotta say is I hope this little girl really does have a head full of hair so all this heartburn is worth it!
Must have items?
  • A loving husband to help me stand up from the bed or couch is essential at this point. Lucky for me, I got the cuuuutest and sweeeeetest boy in the whole wide world!
Sleep? Still having very vivid nightmares amongst my usual 3:30 a.m. stirrings :(
Cravings? Garlic bread! I have never bought garlic bread because the pre-made stuff usually kind of freaks me out… but this week, I NEEDED IT! Haha how weird.
Anything making you queasy? Dairy products didn’t make me feel too well this week. I might really be a little lactose intolerant! I’ve always thought I might be but this week was another level. Sad face because one of the other things that sounded really good this week was mozzarella cheese with salty rice crackers… which I continued to eat anyway because YUM. It was the chocolate milk that really put me in a coma!
Baby movement? Yes! And she is so big now that when she wiggles or rolls it seriously takes my breath away! One thing everyone always tells me when I say how far along I am is, “Oh my gosh… you’re so SMALL” or “tiny” or “hardly showing”…. But let me tell ya…. If I could expand my belly to give myself and this baby a little more room… I WOULD! She must be so squished in there and my organs are just as smooshed. And I am without a doubt that my insides around my ribs are completely bruised. BUT GUESS WHAT?? She is officially head down… yay! See more below :)
Best moment this week? Getting an ultrasound is always the highlight of my week! Last week baby was still nearly breech so the doctor ordered an ultrasound for my next visit to make sure she was doing what nature wants… and sheeee issss! I don’t know when it happened, but she made the move toward the nearest (and only) emergency exit. Thank goodness! Now let’s pray she doesn’t decide to flip up again! Also, I was really excited to see her face but baby girl was being camera shy and would not move her hands away from her face no matter what we tried! I was a little bummed about that but I am really interested to see if this will be a habit she’ll carry with her once she’s born! Every time we’ve had an ultrasound, her hands have been all snug by her face. Usually we are able to get her to move for just a moment to get a look at her cutie face but this time she was not having it! Her profile is sure adorable though :)
Weird pregnancy moment? I asked Kendal what he thought because I can’t think of anything that out of the ordinary and he smirked a little and said “crying because of your dreams”. HAHA RUDE! That only happened ONE TIME! But… it’s a valid answer after all because I really can’t think of anything else!
What I’m looking forward to? I am looking forward to completing some of the last big projects on my list so I feel as ready as possible for her arrival! I only have a week of work left and then I will be able to put all my time and energy into organizing her room and our house to my OCD specifications :)

No comments:

Post a Comment