1.12.2018

37 Week Bumpdate

How far along? 37 weeks
Weight Gain? Same, same! The decimals might vary a little bit but not a lot has changed in a few weeks, which continues to surprise me because I am sure I am getting bigger!
Size of baby? My little honey is the size of a honeydew melon now! Caute :’)
Pregnancy Symptoms? I am back to the pure exhaustion of the first trimester. Showering makes me fatigued. I have to nap after a grocery store run. I practically fell asleep on the exam table while waiting for my doctor to come in. I stand for 10 minutes and my back aches. I had forgotten what it felt like to be THIS tired! Luckily, the end is near! Of course, then I will have a tiny human giving me a run for my money. But at least my body won’t be making another body at that point!
Must have items?
  • Hand sanitizer to keep me healthy in the midst of cold and flu season! I can’t get sick this close to the due date!
Sleep? Due to my utter exhaustion, sleep hasn’t been too bad this week! Even though I still have my nightly routine of waking up in the middle of the night for a few hours, I have started actually napping a little during the day! I have always sucked at napping, so when I get a solid snooze in while the sun is still up, that is a HUGE win!
Cravings? Not any major cravings this week coming to mind! However I did make a batch of chocolate covered bananas with chopped walnuts that I have thoroughly enjoyed chowing on in the afternoons!
Anything making you queasy? Stumped on this question too! All I can say is the usual…. Literally everything I eat gives me heartburn. Everything. And it is worse at night because laying down doesn’t help it go away!
Baby movement? Oh my goodness, yes! And I could tell she dropped toward the beginning of the week because… things just felt different down there. Unfortunately she is still VERY much in my rib cage just because she is so long and big. And boy… when she moves her feet… I die a little. The pressure on my ribs is so intense and painful. Sometimes I even have marks on my skin and I know it’s bruising from the inside out. Pretty crazy! Oh, speaking of my skin…. It seriously feels like it’s going to SNAP! I don’t know how I’ll survive a few weeks of her getting bigger and bigger in there!
Best moment this week? Last week of work. So happy to be able to spend the time I have left before baby gets here to fully focus on myself and my baby to get enough rest, eat properly and mentally prepare myself for the big day! ALSO! My doctor told me I am dilated 1 cm! Woo! A couple of nights throughout the week, I was in quite a bit of pain and apparently those are the Braxton Hicks contractions. They honestly didn’t feel the way I’ve imagined it. I thought it would mainly be my bump that would hurt, but nope! For me, it basically feels like menstrual cramps on steroids. Haha fun huh? Mostly I was feeling it in my back and legs. Also… my lady bits. But according to my doctor, this is all normal! And when I was like, “yeah… they reeeeeally hurt.” She just smiled and said, “that’s so when you actually go into labor you’ll be glad that the nightly pains are gone instead of scared for the big pains to come!” Anyway, with all that being said, I don’t necessarily think any of this means I will go early (although that would be wonderful). My body is just preparing itself for the biggest event of all!
Weird pregnancy moment? Pregnancy brain was so real this week. I was training  my replacement at work and forgetting the most obvious stuff like peoples names that I interact with on a daily basis. And when I was making dinner, I realized I had put the garlic I was using in the measuring cup drawer instead of in the refrigerator. Haha glad I caught that quickly or else things would have smelled reeeal funky in our house. But the funniest moment of all was probably while I was talking to my doctor at the appointment and literally in the middle of my own sentence, I kind of mumbled off and then was like “.... what were we talking about?” HAHAH. Pregnancy brain is real, folks.
What I’m looking forward to? The big day! It is so close. I am getting more anxious and excited every day. AAAAND my parents will be here so soon! I can’t wait to see them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment