1.05.2018

35 Week Bumpdate

How far along? 35 weeks
Weight Gain? It seems my weight has been pretty stable since last week’s doctor’s appointment. Also…. I am confused again as to how much I have really gained! Kendal works at Kubex and has this really fancy weight machine that shows BMI and muscle % and when I stepped on it without shoes, it showed that I was actually 4 lbs less than what usually pops up on the scale at the doctors. And that was even after I ate a huge banana, chocolate and peanut butter smoothie! I guess that makes sense though because normally I am wearing big chunky boots and a few layers of sweaters or scarves.
Size of baby? A bunch of carrots. But I think we can all agree this baby will be even cuter than all the bunny rabbits ;)
Pregnancy Symptoms? Tired but unable to catch any z’s. Uncomfortable. Can hardly put my own socks on. Heartburn, heartburn and more heartburn. The constant need to pee. Oh pregnancy… just a beautiful and wild ride ;)
Sleep? I kicked Kendal out to the couch one night at his parents because we were on a full bed and there just wasn’t quite enough room for him, me, my belly, and my fortress of pillows! Poor lover boy. I think he was a little sad because it was the night before Christmas…. But I just could not get comfortable! He had to go. Haha. But he knows how much I love him :)
Cravings? Cheetos and buffalo wings! Neither are super intense cravings but those are two things that I normally NEVER eat that sounded and tasted SO good hahah
Anything making you queasy? Cucumbers and strawberry greek yogurt. Darn first trimester ruined them for me! I have always loved both (especially cucumbers) but now every time I try them, all the memories of the dark days come rushing back to me :( I hope this gets better once baby comes because cucumbers are such a yummy, cheap and easy vegetable to snack on!
Baby movement? So much! On Christmas as we were watching a movie and I was way uncomfortable laying down on the couch so I got up to use the bathroom and stretched a little before I sat down. Then she started moving like CRAZY. It was like those videos where the baby literally looks like they are trying to escape! I wanted to video it but I was nervous if I moved at all to grab my phone, she’d stop. It only went on for like 45 seconds - 1 minute so I’m glad I got to enjoy it while it lasted rather than missing it to bend down and get my phone.
Best moment this week? We celebrated Christmas! What could be better than that! We spent it in Pocatello with Kendal’s family and enjoyed lots of yummy food and quality time together. On Christmas Adam we all went to see The Greatest Showman and I HIGHLY recommend that movie. It was incredible! However, the people behind me probably thought I had ADD because I was shifting every 5 minutes to get comfortable in the movie seats. Haha it is a good thing I didn’t have people on both sides of me because I was allll over those chairs. From practically laying down in Kendal’s lap at times to my legs being spread eagle.
Weird pregnancy moment? This was the week where my doctor had to check my cervix… so that was fun. LOL NOT. I’ll keep my pants ON, thank you very much. Anyway, it seems like baby hasn’t quite moved down to birth position. She is still quite sideways/ halfway breach. So next week I will have an ultrasound to see exactly where she’s at and my doctor might need to push/ persuade her to change positions. Luckily I have 5 weeks left so there is time for her to move down… but please pray for me that things go as they should!!!

What I’m looking forward to? This is actually the opposite but I figure this is the best section to put it under! After Kendal and I went grocery shopping one day together, I admitted a fear I’ve had this entire time even though it’s probably bonkers and silly. The thought of going grocery shopping alone with a baby almost scares me more than labor and delivery. Is that silly or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment